I’m a big fan of sneaking veggies into my muffins, brownies, and loaves but these Butternut Squash Brownies have the best texture of all! They’re velvety smooth, light, and chocolaty. Sure to be a hit at fall gatherings.
The trick to getting a fantastic texture is blending the butternut squash with the eggs, maple syrup, melted butter and vanilla. The mixture should be smooth and aerated when you add it to the dry ingredients.
- 1 cup Roasted Butternut Squash
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line your baking pan with wax paper and lightly grease
- Combine Dry Ingredients and put them aside
- Blend the Wet Ingredients, for 30-40 seconds or until smooth
- Fold the Wet Ingredients into the Dry Ingredients
- Bake for 20 mins at 350
- I topped my brownies with chocolate ganache, white chocolate chunks and fresh strawberries but walnuts or hazelnuts would have been great too.
Recipe By: Sofia Martimianakis