The secret ingredient in these rich brownie like cookies? Adzuki Beans! I’ve been playing around with coconut flour cookie recipes and I find they are prone to getting dry. With the addition of the adzuki beans you won’t need to use a lot of coconut flour and the result is an awesome fudgy texture. Baking with beans also adds great health benefits to your treats. Most cookie recipes don’t have a helping of fiber, protein, antioxidants, vitamin B6, folate, potassium, zinc and magnesium. Looking for more inspiration? I recently posted my favourite Black Bean Brownies.
- 1 can Adzuki Beans (not drained)
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- a pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Espresso Powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips (I used a blend of white chocolate and milk chocolate chips)
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Blend the adzuki beans with the peanut butter and vanilla. Note: I did not drain the beans and used their starchy liquid to help blend the mixture.
- Mix in all of the dry ingredients except for the coconut flakes. The batter will be similar to chocolate crinkle cookies.
- Use a spoon or cookie scoop to add the batter to the baking pan.
- Sprinkle the cookies with coconut flakes.
- Bake for 10-12 mins and allow the cookies to cool before moving them.
Recipe By: Sofia Martimianakis
One Comment Add yours
TFS, really looking forward to make these